8/29/2011

Happy Birthday: Anton Newcombe



Happy Birthday to Anton Newcombe today.

AND THIS IS OUR MUSIC

Track One- Don't leave stupid shit on my message machine, also: my mom and dad were married before I was conceived, I have my fathers last name you fucking psycho bitch get out of my life and get medical help now.

Track Two- This is the sound inside my head when people talk at me instead of with me.
...
Track Three- I'm glad John Lennon is dead, He died in 1980, could you imagine how he would react to Paul, to this fucked up world? He left at a great time. Matthew J. Tow forever. He is my brother. I loved the look in his eye when I said, you're singing the first track! He didn't get it, I bet some of you don't either, but that's the point, I don't do this for you, I do this for me, and I do this for my Lord. Don't be too surprised when you remember who I really am, when you hear that sound. The time is Now, get your shit together and get with God. I ain't going to be the one to say I told you so. Just do it, now or cease to exist.

Track Four- Jason Pierce, Beck pretending to be Nick Drake and getting away with it, girls, Meher Baba and God consciousness. There is no God but God and I am His loyal servant. This is not a game of monopoly. We are here. We are here to go in fact. Amnesiac (go team) if your feeling sinister, Elliot Smith, the Zombies, etc, etc...

Track Five- The Dandy's used to rule ok? Now we rule!. Join us!

Track Six- Will Sergeant, too bad he couldn't or wouldn't be on this song, I wrote it for him and Mac. Oh well listen to the first three Echo albums and you'll get there at some point. Also note that I am basically claiming to be the son of God, telling you to try and keep it together until you make it Heaven of just lay low until kingdom come. That's right folks, we are taking this show on the road. This is fun!

Track Seven- I wrote this song for Tim Burgess to sing. Why he bailed out one can only guess. I think I scare people, I guess I can be kind of intense at times. Recording an album with a Sufi-Avitar can really take a lot out of you. I wrote it after I listened to a Telescopes song on our website. I wish Stephen could have been on this album. Oh well next time.

Track Eight- M.A., Maryanne. You infected my mind so many years ago. I often wonder what me life would have been if I would have chosen you instead of Nancy Gallo. Ha! I married you to my heart anyway. I love the shape of your eyes....Yummy. Truth be told, we would have fucked each other into oblivion, you with your ballerina body, me with the metabolism of a fifteen year-old. Shit! Thanks for making me smile just now. Darren Radamaker from The Tyde sings the lower vocal, buy his album. This fucked up world, romantic shit and my love of the piano, things and stuff,

Track Nine- Sergio Leone, Ennico Moricone, drugs, girls, Star Trek, romanticism, the magic of the moment, Jim Jarmusch, and other fine cinema.

Track Ten-Dawn Thomas, Naut Humon, being really bummed out about the way everyone just gives up and excepts this shitty world as is. Ed Harcourt. Daniella.

Track Eleven- The way girls hips look when they are fucking the air @ carnival in Brazil. Damn, I want that sweet-shit-right-now! San Paolo here I come....

Track Twelve- Mark Todd, Kraftwerk, C. Voltaire Clockwork Orange, Astronaut Crack-Pipe. DMT, acid, mushrooms, my room, Petsounds and fucking huffing and puffing after great sex. Yeah!

Track Thirteen- The Church (No, not the empty building where they fuck boys in the ass) Marty Wilson Pieper and Steven Kilby! I don't care if they cook up dog shit and inject it. They are the tops! If I had the money Matt Tow and I agreed we would have flown the boys over to sing this song we did for them. Buy their albums now and listen. Neil Young.

Track Fourteen- Hard Days Night, the scene in the train car where they play the song. Wonderful impression it made, it left a hole in the back of my head 'Poptones'.

Track Fifteen- Thanks you Kurt for singing this song for me. Did you know I cried the whole take, don't tell Rob my tears leaked into the mixing board. Your children are blessed. I love you man, I really do! Also: everyone let me just make my albums the way I want them to be. Let me be the boss. Start your own band, it worked great for the BRMC and The Warlocks.

Track Sixteen- Do you know the work of Bill Viola? You should find out about him. Read the song title and imagine peoples faces, waiting, worrying. I love kids. I want 1000 of them. Come on girls. I'm up for it. We can practice first too!

Track Seventeen- Awe! Sarah Jane. You are beautiful. I dropped you a line, be it the internet or otherwise....I chose the later. Sent today etc............."

--Anton A. Newcombe

(these are his notes for "...And This is Our Music")

0 comments:

AddToAny